Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program gives you timely and free access to short-term, confidential, professional services when you are facing a personal problem. The goal is to help you find solutions before the problem affects your health or job performance. The district works with area counselors and psychologists to provide the EAP. Ames Community School District offers its employees this program as part of its employee benefits.
To make an appointment call a provider below and identify yourself as an employee of Ames Community School District.
- Ames Counseling and Psychological Services – 515-239-4410
- Central Iowa Psychological Services – 515-233-1122
- Creative Counseling – 515-233-1699
- Clear Brook Counseling – 515-337-1764
- Paula Gallt, LMFT – 515-233-1694
- Compass Tree Counseling – 515-233-3971 (Option 2)
For immediate emergency help, call Ames Counseling and Psychological Services, 515-239-4410
What types of problems can I address through the EAP?
- Work/career (work stress, balancing work and personal demands, changing employment)
- Relationship (co-workers, friends, couples)
- Family/marriage (parenting, blended families, separation/divorce)
- Personal problems (anxiety, depression, panic attacks, eating disorders)
- Compulsive/addictive behaviors (excessive use of alcohol, chemical dependency, gambling)
- Finances (overspending, bankruptcy, credit card excesses)
- Catastrophes (terminal illness, death/grief, accident trauma)
What services can I obtain?
Ames CSD’s EAP program provides you up to three (3) sessions per year with a professional counselor. Your counselor will help you identify and assess the extent of your problem, develop steps you can take to resolve it, and recommend professionals who can provide longer-term services if needed.
Who will know I am using EAP services?
All EAP services are provided in confidence, within specific legal restrictions. No one is given information about your participation in the EAP without your signed consent.
Who can use these EAP services?
Ames CSD’s EAP benefits are limited to its employees. Any employee of the district can obtain EAP services. Family members of the employee may, if appropriate, join in EAP sessions when the employee is obtaining EAP sessions; however, a family member cannot access the district’s EAP services directly. You may use sick leave to attend EAP sessions. If you have questions about EAP services, contact the district insurance coordinator at 515-268-6643 or any of the providers below.
How much will the EAP cost?
As an employer-provided benefit, services provided during the three (3) counseling sessions are free to you. If help beyond the scope of the EAP is needed to resolve your problem and you decide to seek further assistance, you assume the financial responsibility for all other services. Your counselor will try to refer and guide you to affordable resources or those that may be covered by your health insurance.
How do I schedule an EAP appointment?
Call any of the providers listed at the top of this page and identify yourself as an employee of the Ames Community School District. The receptionist will ask you to describe the general nature of the problem and will then help schedule an appointment. Every effort will be made to schedule within 3 days of your call; however, the clinics are experiencing heavy volume, and some may have a waiting list.
The EAP can help you during an emergency or personal crisis. A 24-hour crisis service is available to you regardless of time or place. A professional counselor is on duty at all times.