2019-20 School Year Northwood Newsletters
Other importatant information
Car Loop Expectations during pick-up:
- If the adult picking up the Northwood student does not have a car tag, you have two choices: a) park and walk in to get the child or b) ask the adult in the car who the teacher/child is and teacher will go into Northwood to replace the teacher so the teacher can verify that you are able to pick up the child.
- All cars need to have a car seat or booster seat. If there is not a booster/car seat you have three choices: a) park your car and come into Northwood to get the child. Northwood staff cannot put a child in a car without a car/booster seat. b) Come into Northwood and borrow a booster seat c) go home and get the booster/car seat.
Thank you for following these pickup expectations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Northwood office at 515-268-2470 and ask to speak to the building principal, Kristin Barber or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Ames Community School District website and got to the Northwood Preschool Center page to sign up for preschool for the 2019-2020 school year. If you have already signed up and submitted your four documents, you will receive a placement letter by the end of March.
Please call Barb Peterson at 268-6605 or go to the Ames District Office if you have not signed up for kindergarten and your child will be 5 by September 15th.
There are many illnesses going around especially influenza. To keep all kids healthy, we are washing our hands frequently and surfaces. We ask that children do not come to school when they show the following symptoms:
- Oral temperature of 100 degrees or more within 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours
- Earache lasting more than a day
- A persistent cough, croup or chest congestion
- Labored or painful breathing
- Reddened, mattering or crusty eyes
Northwood Preschool Center Where Amazing Starts |
Featured in Amazing Magazine Spring 2019