- Ames Middle School students and staff have the responsibility to support a caring environment, promote a sense of belonging, and encourage learning experiences that develop self-esteem.
- Ames Middle School staff have the responsibility to meet the intellectual, social, physical, and emotional needs of sixth, seventh and eighth grade students.
- The needs of Ames Middle School students are best met within small communities of learners.
- Students and staff at Ames Middle School should respect the uniqueness of each individual and work cooperatively.
- Parent and community involvement is integral to a successful school program.
- Diverse teaching strategies empower teachers and students to create a flexible learning environment.
- An interdisciplinary approach to instruction has great value.
- Students should be encouraged to become responsible for their own behavior, learning, and citizenship in a democratic society in preparation for integration into the global community.
- The Ames Middle School educational program emphasizes both the skills development and the understanding of the content necessary to promote lifelong learning.
Developed by Ames Middle School Staff
Fall, 1993. Revised Spring 2005.