Last night, the school board approved to return grades PK-5 to 100% face-to-face instruction on the following timeline:
- PK – 2 – Monday, November 9
- 3 – 5 – Monday, November 23
We have provided answers to several questions below.
What does this mean?
This means that starting Monday, November 9, students in grades PK – 2 who are enrolled in Hybrid learning will return to 100% face-to-face instruction in our school buildings. Students in grades 3 – 5 will return to 100% instruction on Monday, November 23.
What does this mean for Remote Campus students?
Students enrolled in Remote Campus will continue in the 100% online option if desired. Remote Campus will remain available throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
Can I switch delivery models?
Yes. Please fill out the ACSD Learning Delivery Model Change Request form online to request a change in the delivery model.
What is the deadline for filling out the form?
We have established a new timeline to request a delivery model change, with the new deadline now the end of Sunday, November 1. Note: this will be the last opportunity to request a change in the delivery model for all students in grades PK – 12 until the second semester. This change supersedes previous communication that indicated rolling deadlines. The new timeline is as follows:
Elementary Transition Timeline:
- November 1st – PK-5 final deadline to request transition from remote to on-site learning.
- November 9th – PK-2 students begin 100% on-site learning.
- November 9th – 3-5 students requested a change will transition to Hybrid learning.
- November 23rd – 3-5 students begin 100% on-site learning.
Secondary Transition Timeline:
- October 25 – 6-12 deadline to request transition from remote to on-site learning (previously communicated).
- November 2nd – 6-12 students requested a change by October 25 will transition to Hybrid learning (previously communicated).
- November 1st – 6-12 final deadline to request transition from remote to on-site learning.
- November 9th – 3-12 students requested a change will transition to Hybrid learning.
After November 1, the only delivery model change available for the first semester is from in-person to Remote Campus.
Who has to fill out the form?
Students in grades PK-5 who are currently enrolled in the Hybrid delivery model will automatically be in the 100% face-to-face instruction model and do not need to fill out the form. Students in Remote Campus who wish to remain in Remote Campus do not need to fill out the form.
Only students who would request a change in the delivery model should fill out this form. For example, students (PK-5) who are currently in the Hybrid delivery model who wish to enroll in Remote Campus or students (PK-5) in Remote Campus who want to attend 100% face-to-face in our buildings should fill out this form.
Will my students’ teacher (PK-5) change with this transition?
The honest answer is maybe. After the November 1 deadline, rosters will need to be balanced between in-person instruction and Remote Campus. This may require the reassignment of teachers to different roles.
Is there a timeline for Ames Middle School and Ames High School to return?
At this point, Ames Middle School and Ames High School will remain in the Hybrid delivery model or Remote Campus for students who selected that option. The only change is that the November 1 request to change delivery models from Remote Campus to on-site is the last opportunity for AMS and AHS students for the remainder of the semester. Students will be able to request a change from Hybrid to Remote Campus after November 1.