The Ames Community School District is pleased to offer free breakfast and lunch each day to every child in our community through the end of the current school year.
Any child aged 1-18 is eligible to receive school breakfast and lunch at Ames Middle School, Edwards Elementary, Fellows Elementary, Meeker Elementary, Mitchell Elementary, and Sawyer Elementary. Grab and Go meals will be available for students that are in virtual learning and younger children at the above sites. Breakfast and lunch are available for free for onsite learners at Ames High School and free breakfast and lunch are available for enrolled children at the Boys & Girls Club.
The following schedule will be in effect November 16 – November 23.
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – Monday and Tuesday Meals
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – Wednesday and Thursday Meals
- Friday, November 18, 2020 – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Meals
- Monday, November 23, 2020 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Meals
Pickup for free meals is available between 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Edwards, Fellows, Meeker, Mitchell, and Sawyer Elementary Schools.
Pickup for free meals is available at Ames Middle School between 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Students and young children do not need to be present when parents and guardians pick up meals, and student IDs are not required. Families may pick up meals at the school closest to them.
If in-person classes resume on November 30th, the previous daily schedule of 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the elementary schools and 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. will be in effect. If classes do not resume, the District will send out a new schedule for grab and go meals.
We will also be providing free meals for Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks as follows:
- Monday, December 22, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm. Monday – Sunday meals
- Monday, December 28, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm. Monday – Sunday meals
- Monday, March 15, 2021 – 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm. Monday – Sunday meals
Winter and Spring break pickups will be at Ames Middle School, Fellows, Meeker, Mitchell, and Sawyer Elementary Schools.