Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Maintenance, Custodial, and Educational Assistant Incentive Program
In an effort to recruit and retain staff in key areas that include maintenance, custodial, and Educational Assistants (EA) who are vital to the success of our schools, the Ames CSD is excited to announce a temporary Incentive Program for the 2021-2022 school year. The program consists of three parts:
Hiring Incentive – $100 for newly hired maintenance employee, custodial, and Educational Assistant employee after one month of employment.
Referral Incentive – $100 for any Ames CSD employee who refers a maintenance, custodial, or Educational Assistant employee that is hired.
Retention Incentive – $750 paid to any maintenance, custodial, or Educational Assistant (newly hired or currently employed) who starts before October 1, 2021, and works through the end of the 2021-2022 school year. The retention incentive is prorated for newly hired staff after October 1, 2021.
Educational Assistant – Varies – Multiple positions available
Click to apply
Ames Community School District is seeking a variety of open positions for Educational Assistants. Ames Community School District is seeking Substitute Educational Assistants for the 2020-21 school year.
- Assists students in interpreting and following teacher directions.
- Assists students with classroom assignments during independent work time and or work stations.
- Works with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills prepared by the teacher.
- Assists classroom teachers with collection and preparation of materials needed for lessons.
- Assists the teacher with student record keeping/daily documentation.
- Supervises and enforces building/individual discipline procedures in all educational settings both in and out of school according to the supervisor’s directions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have one of the following prior to employment:
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education (48 credits minimum)
- Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree
- Completed the Accuplacer exam through DMACC
- Completion of paraprofessional certification through the Board of Educational Examiners
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 pounds
View details for each position at the click to apply link above.
Custodian – $13.82 – $14.01/hr – Openings in both shifts
Click to apply
Ames Community School District is seeking applicants for a variety of Custodian positions both full and part-time.
- Performs routine custodial duties, including cleaning classrooms, cafeteria, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Prepares facilities for evening and weekend use including rentals.
- Cleans carpets and cares for vinyl tile and terrazzo floors by stripping, sealing and waxing.
- Performs snow removal.
- Accesses data and performs data entry in various District electronic systems to input work orders, enter attendance data, etc.
- Ensures that District safety policies and procedures are followed and violations or concerns are reported immediately.
- Attends work on a consistent and punctual basis.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.