Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Amazing happens in the Ames Community School District and we want you to work with us. We will be hosting a Hiring Event:
August 10, 2021
Mitchell Elementary School
3521 Jewel Dr.
3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
We will be hiring for key positions including educational assistants, custodial staff, and substitute teachers.
The Ames Community School District is seeking applicants for many positions including these featured vacancies.
Educational Assistant – Varies – Multiple positions available
Click to apply
Ames Community School District is seeking a variety of open positions for Educational Assistants. Ames Community School District is seeking Substitute Educational Assistants for the 2020-21 school year.
- Assists students in interpreting and following teacher directions.
- Assists students with classroom assignments during independent work time and or work stations.
- Works with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills prepared by the teacher.
- Assists classroom teachers with collection and preparation of materials needed for lessons.
- Assists the teacher with student record keeping/daily documentation.
- Supervises and enforces building/individual discipline procedures in all educational settings both in and out of school according to the supervisor’s directions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have one of the following prior to employment:
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education (48 credits minimum)
- Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree
- Completed the Accuplacer exam through DMACC
- Completion of paraprofessional certification through the Board of Educational Examiners
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 pounds
View details for each position at the click to apply link above.
Maintenance Tech II – $16.67/hr
Click to apply
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, this position is to perform maintenance as required to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our school premises.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm, 255 day contract.
- Completes carpentry-related repairs, maintenance, and remodeling work as assigned including floor tile, ceiling tile, sheetrock patching/repairs, painting, and furniture.
- Coordinates and moves staff and curriculum materials to other sites.
- Secures necessary materials, tools, and equipment to complete projects.
- Plows snow.
- Estimates, purchases, and procures materials, parts, and equipment as necessary to complete assigned repairs.
- Subs as a custodian as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Custodian – $13.82 – $14.01/hr – Openings in both shifts
Click to apply
Ames Community School District is seeking applicants for a variety of Custodian positions both full and part-time.
- Performs routine custodial duties, including cleaning classrooms, cafeteria, restrooms, offices, etc.
- Prepares facilities for evening and weekend use including rentals.
- Cleans carpets and cares for vinyl tile and terrazzo floors by stripping, sealing and waxing.
- Performs snow removal.
- Accesses data and performs data entry in various District electronic systems to input work orders, enter attendance data, etc.
- Ensures that District safety policies and procedures are followed and violations or concerns are reported immediately.
- Attends work on a consistent and punctual basis.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.