About Kindergarten and Early Kindergarten Enrollment
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 15, 2020, are eligible for enrollment in kindergarten. We assign kindergarten students to the school in the boundary area that corresponds to their home address. Students who enroll after classes are full in their grade level at their boundary school may be assigned to a different school.
Kindergarten Enrollment for the 20-21 School year will be
held at the District Office on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 28 – 8:30am – 7:30pm (Board Room)
- Friday, January 31 – 8:30am – 3:30pm (Board Room)
Early Kindergarten enrollment
To enroll in Kindergarten
(After the January 31, 2020 registration date) Come to the Registrar’s office at 2005 24th St. in Ames to complete the registration process.
- Evidence of child’s age, such original birth certificate or passport,
- Proof of residence, such as lease, mortgage, house title, or utility bill with current address,
- Adoption or guardianship papers, if applicable.