Enrolling A New Student
Welcome to the Ames Community School District. Follow these steps to enroll a new student in the District. If you are enrolling a student for Kindergarten 2021-2022, please visit the Kindergarten Enrollment page. 2022-2023 school year registration begins in the spring.
All students must complete the enrollment process before they may attend school. Please keep in mind the enrollment process may take one to three days.
How to Enroll a New Student
You may register online, at home, or in the Registrar’s Office.
1. Click the Online Registration link. Before starting, watch the online registration instructional video below.
2. Gather the required documents.
Even though you will enter most enrollment information online, there are a few paper documents you must submit to the Registrar.
- Birth certificate
- Passport/Visa for international students
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency, such as utility bill, bank statement or lease agreement.
- If you have purchased a home but not yet closed, please provide a copy of the purchase agreement with your name, address, closing date and signatures.
- Ames CSD is an attendance center school district. We will do our best to put you in your home attendance center however, from time to time, students must attend another due to being over capacity.
- Current transcript for students in grades 9 – 12.
- Please note, students enrolling in our high school must meet with a school counselor before they start school, to set up their class schedule.
3. Complete other required forms.
Required forms may vary based on the grade your student is entering. You may pick up the required forms at the Registrar’s office, or click on the links to print the forms and complete them before you meet with the Registrar.
4. If you have additional questions, contact:
2005 24th St., Ames
Touring Your New School
After the Registration process is complete, the District offers new students and their families an opportunity to tour the school they will be attending. If you are enrolling during the summer there will be a new student orientation in August.