Extended Learning Program
We put students first by providing curriculum for talented and gifted students as an integral part of the K-12 experience that is differentiated in process, pace, depth, organization and expected outcomes.
- Comprehensive services for the gifted and talented should be an integral part of the K-12 experience.
- Curriculum for talented and gifted students should be differentiated in process, pace, depth, organization and expected outcomes.
- High ability students have social and emotional needs specific to their talents which require affective education and accommodation.
- Students should have structured opportunities to interact with peers of similar abilities and interests.
- Identification of talented and gifted youth should include multiple, flexible and inclusive procedures and criteria. Identification should reflect an awareness of cultural and economic diversity.
- Optimal programming for talented and gifted students should include a variety of educational options such as classroom enrichment, pullouts, clustering, independent study, mentorships, advanced classes, out of school programs and acceleration.