Extended Learning Program
We put students first by providing curriculum for talented and gifted students as an integral part of the K-12 experience that is differentiated in process, pace, depth, organization and expected outcomes.
- Comprehensive services for the gifted and talented should be an integral part of the K-12 experience.
- Curriculum for talented and gifted students should be differentiated in process, pace, depth, organization and expected outcomes.
- High ability students have social and emotional needs specific to their talents which require affective education and accommodation.
- Students should have structured opportunities to interact with peers of similar abilities and interests.
- Identification of talented and gifted youth should include multiple, flexible and inclusive procedures and criteria. Identification should reflect an awareness of cultural and economic diversity.
- Optimal programming for talented and gifted students should include a variety of educational options such as classroom enrichment, pullouts, clustering, independent study, mentorships, advanced classes, out of school programs and acceleration.
Extended Learning Programs
ELP District Office
1921 Ames High Dr.
Ames, IA 50010