The Board is responsible for the high-level planning, policy-making and systemic evaluation of the Ames Community School District. The Board approves and acts upon matters required by law, and hires, supervises and evaluates the Superintendent.
The Ames Community School Board puts students first by making decisions, adopting policies and allocating resources that support student learning, by setting high standards for instruction that prepares students for the future and by fostering a culture that is conducive to innovative approaches to teaching and learning and supportive of continuous renewal of the education strategic plan.
Purpose and Priorities
Ames Community School District Commits to Equity and Access that Empowers Every Individual to Reach Their Full Personal and Educational Potential.
1. Educational Equity and Improvement
2. Transparent Financial Planning and Processes
3. Recruitment, Retention, and Development of a High-Quality Staff
4. Clear and Consistent Communication to Support Positive and Proactive Community Relationships
5. A Safe and Responsive System that Promotes the Mental Health and Well-Being of Every Individual
Board of Directors
Ames Community School District
2005 24th St.
Ames, IA 50010
For information about current members of the School Board, their work, and meetings please visit the links to the left.