Gifts to the District
The Board may accept on behalf of and for the District any bequest or gift of money or property or loan of property for a purpose the Board deems suitable, and to utilize such money or property for the designated purpose.
In general, the Board uses the following criteria to approve a Gift or Loan:
- The use is consistent with the philosophy, goals, and policies of the District.
- The source is acceptable to the District.
- It can be utilized with present level of staffing.
- It will not bring undesirable or hidden costs to the District.
- It will not place restrictions on a school program.
- It will be appropriate and beneficial to the best education of students.
- It will conform to provisions of municipal, state, and federal law.