As Ames High School begins its home football season Friday, Sept. 4, Principal Spence Evans says he’s implementing guidelines for student seating and behavior that have been successful for the past two years in helping all fans have a “safe and enjoyable time cheering on the Ames High School band, cheerleaders, and football team.”
“We’re following these guidelines for the third year and asking for everyone’s cooperation,” Evans said.
Guidelines for students in grades K – 12
- Students must be seated in the stadium by the kickoff time (7 p.m.).
- Students have the choice to sit with their parents or in the assigned section in the stadium.
- Students are not allowed to congregate anywhere in the stadium except their assigned sections or with their parents.
- All students must bring their school ID with them to the game so they can be identified.
- Students who choose to sit in the middle school/elementary area are expected to remain there until halftime.
- Students who need to leave the assigned area before halftime must give their school ID to the supervisor and return within 15 minutes.
- If a student cannot produce a school ID, the student will not be allowed to leave the area until halftime.
- Supervisors will not accept any other forms of personal property.
- Once halftime is over, the students are expected to be back in their seats for the second half of the game and the same rules apply.
- If students don’t follow these expectations, they will be asked to leave Ames High School property.