School Board Agenda
Ames Community School District
February 23, 2015
NOTE: The Board will attend a Joint Meeting with the United Community School District Board at 5:30 p.m. at United Community Schools. The regular meeting of the Ames Board of Directors begins at 7 p.m. in the multipurpose room at Ames High School.
Board members will assemble in the Multipurpose Room at Ames High School, 1921 Ames High Drive, on Monday, February 23, at 7:00 p.m. for a regular meeting.
(The Board respectfully requests that all cellular phones be turned off during the meeting.)
Approx. Time 7:00
1.Call to Order.
2.Approval of Agenda 3.
Reading of Mission Statement.
|The mission of the Ames Community Schools is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.|
7:05:pm4.Public forum. District residents, students, parents/guardians of students, and staff members may address the Board about any topic relevant to the District. Speakers must sign up at the beginning of the meeting and each speaker is limited to three minutes per board meeting. If necessary, the Board President may need to reduce the three-minute time limit to accommodate more speakers in the 20 minutes allotted. The Board may approve an extension of the 20-minute time allocation to allow all speakers up to three-minutes. We ask speakers to remember that Iowa law prohibits the Board from discussing specific employees or students or their performance. Student speakers will state their name and school. Others will state their name and address
5. Transportation Services. Karen Shimp. Exhibit I-1.
6. Snow Day Make-Up Protocol. Tim Taylor. Exhibit D-1
7. AHS Scoreboard Replacement. Spence Evans. Exhibit D-2.
8. Board Committee Reports. Luke Deardorff. Exhibit D-3.
9. Minutes of Meetings held February 9 and 18, 2015. Karen Shimp
10.Claims and Payroll for January 2015. Karen Shimp. Exhibit C-1.
11. Financial Reports for January 2015. Karen Shimp. Exhibit C-2.
12. Personnel Report. Tim Taylor. Exhibit C-3.
13. Gift(s) to the District. Tim Taylor. Exhibit C-4.
14. Continuous Open Enrollment. Tim Taylor. Exhibit C-5.
8:30 pm 15. Approval of New Open Enrollment Applications for 2015-16. Tim Taylor. Exhibit A-1.
8:35 pm 16. Approve revised bid scheduled and reset public hearing date for Dotson Drive. Gerry Peters. Exhibit A-2.
17. Items from the Board.
18. Items from the Staff.
19. Board Planning Calendar. Tim Taylor. Exhibit B-1
20. Closed session as provided in 21.5(1)(j) of the open meetings law to discuss the purchase or sale of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property or reduce the price the governmental body would receive for that property.
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District to maintain a nondiscriminatory environment in every aspect of the operation of the District. The District shall provide equal educational and employment opportunities without regard to color, sex, race, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, or socioeconomic status in its educational programs and activities or its employment and personnel policies. Dr. Tim Taylor, Superintendent, is the reporting officer for affirmative action, desegregation, and discrimination. Any questions should be directed to: Dr. Tim E. Taylor – Educational Services Center- 415 Stanton Ave.- Ames, IA 50014– (515) 268-661
415 Stanton Ave •Ames , Iowa 50014 • (515) 268 – 6600 • Copyright © Ames Community School District 2015