Ames Middle School Extended Learning Program
We put students first by providing curriculum for talented and gifted students as an integral part of the K-12 experience that is differentiated in process, pace, depth, organization and expected outcomes.
The Ames Middle School Extended Learning Program (ELP) is designed to:
- Enhance and support the curriculum and instruction process for highly capable students.
- Aid classroom teacher in providing challenging learning experiences for high ability students through collaboration with ELP Teachers.
- Provide differentiated learning to students through various delivery models including: whole class instruction, cluster groups in the classroom or ELP room, independent study, competitions, and acceleration.
- Monitor classroom modifications and enrichment opportunities for identified students through the use of Personalized Education Plans (PLP) accessible to parents through Infinite Campus.
- Offer opportunities for further learning through seminars and contests held periodically throughout the year.
- Support the entire student body through enrichment activities available to all students.
- Presentation from February, 2017 Parent Meeting at Ames Middle School
- Acceleration Form for Ames Middle School
For More Information Visit
Our AMS ELP Staff
515-268-2400, ext. 5045
515-268-2400, ext. 5115
515-268-2400, ext. 5105