Working with the Board of Directors, the Superintendent casts the vision and charts the course for leadership in the entire district. First and foremost, the Superintendent is an instructional leader.
The Superintendent puts students first by constantly learning and leading to improve our school district.
Executive Assistant to Superintendent
Ames Community School
2005 24th St.
Ames, IA 50010
The Superintendent’s role:
- Works with School Board to lead the District in fulfilling its mission to students for teaching and learning, and in meeting the Board’s strategic, legal and policy requirements.
- Presents District Operating Budget to the School Board.
- Directs, monitors and evaluates administrators.
- Engages collaboratively with the community.
- Oversees Personnel functions.