Polling Hours and Locations:
7 A.M. to 8 P.M. at all Ames locations
There will be eight (8) vote centers available. Any registered voter within the Ames Community School District who is eligible to vote at the regular school election may vote at one of the following locations:
(1) Ames Public Library Auditorium, 515 Douglas Ave.
(2) Grand Avenue Baptist Church, 612 24th St.
(3) Bethesda Lutheran Church, 1517 Northwestern Ave.
(4) Ascension Lutheran Church, 2400 Bloomington Road
(5) Green Hills Retirement Community, 2205 Green Hills Dr.
(6) Ames Middle School, Rm B111A, 3915 Mortensen Rd.
(7) Collegiate United Methodist Church, 2622 Lincoln Way
(8) Trinity Christian Reformed Church, 3626 Ontario Street
Why are we voting on a new high school?
On April 3, 2018, the Ames community will vote on a bond referendum for a new high school that will have the learning space and security features that our current building lacks, as well as additions to three elementary schools: Meeker, Mitchell, and Edwards. The amount will not exceed $110 million and requires a 60% approval from voters.
What is the status of the current high school?
Initially built in 1960, our current building has 13 additions, 11 elevation changes, and 83 exterior doors on the building. When Haila Architecture did their Phase 1 study, they cited the circulation of students within the building, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility, along with a lack of security features as major concerns. …